Re: [MV] 2003 Bart Vanderveen Award

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 12:48:24 PDT

Nigel Hay MILWEB (www.milweb.net) wrote:
> Folks,
> Pay attention please......
> Lets not sully the memory of Bart Vanderveen or insult the sponsors of the
> trophy by such actions as Mr Webster would suggest - I am delighted with the
> choice as I was one of the three chaps who organised the first IMPS event 21
> years ago and since have until 2001 been heavily involved in organising
> every annual event since. This award is to BOTH the IMPS and the organising
> team (who have for the last 3 years run the event commercially). The work
> the club has done over those years has been instrumental in developing both
> the hobby and the show itself into the level we now find it at. Bart himself
> told me on more than one occasion that the event had mnade a huge
> contribution to the hobby.

You miss the point Nigel and I quote again...

"To be awarded annually to the individual, chosen by nominations, who
has contributed most to the military vehicle preservation movement."

If they had nominated you I would certainly have voted for you as I am
aware that you actually contribute more to the hobby than you ever let on.

No the award was meant for individuals and NOT organisations.

--
TTFN
Jim