Re: [MV] New M35A2 Rear outer axle Seal problems (still)

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 10:03:56 PDT

Kirk

You are not alone.
I've had the same issues.
My advice would be to try a different seal. I had one
hub that was running hot so I jacked it up and backed
the bearings off a little. Then the hub leaked. So,
apart it came apart again and I discovered that the
outer seal was deformed slightly when compared to a
new seal. Put a new seal in and so far so good.

Sam Winer motors sells new seals from Rockwell, but
make sure your sitting down when he tells you the
price. (At least double). I used seals from Antelope
Valley with good results.

As far as your bearing, do you know it isn't right? I
would think it to be in your best interest to get the
right one. If the bearing you are using is thicker
than OEM, then that may be preventing the seal from,
well, sealing.

Good luck

Marc