Re: [MV] New M35A2 Rear outer axle Seal problems (still)

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 18:27:25 PDT

Greg

The hub was running hot when compared to the other
three. After a 30 mile trip @45mph (running empty) I
am able to hold my hand somewhat firmly for about 5
sec before it is uncomfortable. Not very scientific,
but I do it for comparison mainly. Don't know if they
should be this hot or not, but they haven't seized
yet. It would be one trick setup to have temp.
sensors in each wheel with corresponding gages in the
cab.

If you knock the engine speed down to 2200 rpm, do the
decibels drop off a lot? Where in the cab are these
readings taken? Hard top, soft top, no top, window
up, window down?

Marc