Re: [MV] M816 transfer Case Question

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 19:45:00 PDT

I agree with Neil. My experience with clutches is that once they slip it
is just like pushing in the clutch, they really slip! If you are in low
range, the clutch won't be tranmitting as much torque, hence no slippage.
If your transfer case had failed sufficiently to actually disconnect high
range by breaking something internally, I would have expected the entire
transfer case to go south fast. I'd bet that your transfer is fine, but
your clutch is shot. As an experiment, put the transfer in high range and
start out in 1st gear. Does it move? If so; clutch shot, transfer fine.

Dave