Are auction vehicles generally drivable

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 10:26:18 PDT

Cabell,
The stainless steel 1200 gallon tank was sold to a fire dept not far from
here. I had it advertised for about a year in a local "trading post" type
paper. The $1000 I received for it reduced the procurement cost of the
truck. They brought their vehicle (with the bed removed) and we just placed
the tank on the frame using the crane. enough mounting holes lined up for a
safe drive home for them.

I built a custom bed for the 6x6 to allow for the crane, which needs 24
inches of frame behind the cab.

Still have all the accessories for the tanker; pump, meter, water
separation unit, valves,hoses and nozzles if anyone is interested.

The tanker, M49A2C, was ideal for me since it has the PTO for the crane
hydraulic pump already installed and the bed had to be modified anyway.

Cheers,
Bjorn