towing a CUCV #2

From: Jim (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 14:42:00 PDT

Sorry readers. I hit send before I proof read my message. See corrected
version below.
----------

Has anyone ever attempted to tow a CUCV or Civy pickup without the steering
hooked. I've towed my unit several times but it was always in drivable
condition except for the rear driveshaft being disconnected for towing
purposes.
I am contemplating towing a CUCV that does not have steering linkage othere
than the tie rods and was
wondering if it really has to be there to give the front wheels some
resistance. Has anyone ever done this. I am of course using a towbar,
safety chains, etc.
I wonder if the front wheels would wonder excessively without the resistance
of the steering system.
Jim