towing a CUCV

From: Jim (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 14:28:14 PDT

Has anyone ever attempted to tow a CUCV or Civy pickup without the steering
hooked. I've towed my unit several time but it was always in drivable
condition except for the rear driveshaft being disconnected.
I am contemplating towing a CUCV that does not have steering linkage and was
wonder if the really has to be there to give the front wheels some
resistance. Has anyone ever done this. I am of course using a towbar,
safety chains, etc.
I wonder if the front wheels would wonder excessively without the resistance
of the steering system.
Jim