Re: [MV] TM 9-2320-361-10

From: patrick jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 22:50:17 PDT

Be careful not to inadvertently post restricted materials on the WWW.

Big Brother is checking the internet for these. It is an offense to
knowingly post restricted material. B.B. also has a real H.O. for the
Federation of american Scientists, as they allegedly remove or have
removed notices of distribution restrictions and then post or have
posted things which are a bit more than, shall we say, 'restricted'..

After a friend told me that some of my manuals were not supposed to be
posted, I really didn't beleive him, as I had bought them publicly on
CD from evilbay.

Just to be sure, I inquired to LOGSA about my manuals on the web, and
ended up having a long talk with Stephen Wehrly of the U.S. Army
Publishing Directorate, WRT restricted materials, LOGSA, the FAS,
etc., and he says it's a real problem.

An easy place to check your manuals to see if they are restricted or
not is http://www.usapa.army.mil/pamdocs\pam2530_main.htm

That's why you now may find old reference catalogs for ancient
transmitter parts on my site instead of M35 and old mil-rad manuals.

Lastly, Mr. Wehrly gave me advice about using the freedom of
information act in a case where I have a legitimate requirement for a
manual and it is not otherwise available.

PJ