M151A2 Starting Problem - Solved (I hope)

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 17:05:56 PDT

I posted a request for help a couple of weeks ago about a problem I was
having starting my mutt. It would always bump start easily, but I couldn't
get it to start using the starter. It would crank at a good clip, just not
fire.

I got some great replys, but the prize goes to David Doyle. He suggested it
might be the batteries. I was doubtful, but I headed to our local Costco and
purchased a couple of Optima red top starting batteries. They're great
sealed batteries and the Pinz needed new ones anyway.

So, first thing I put them into the 151 and presto, it started right up.
It's been working fine ever since. The only other difference is that to
start it wants no throttle. Before the problem happened it always wanted the
throttle cracked. But it been hot here lately, so maybe that has something
to do with it.

Thanks to Mr. Doyle, the expert advice pays off again!! Now it's back to
Costco to get the Pinz back on the road.