Re: M151A2 Starting Problem - Solved (I hope)

From: Antonio Regazzoni (Home) (antonio.regazzoni@bluewin.ch)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 04:45:28 PDT

Hi list,

I think I'm having the same problem as Rich Sherman. I have a M151A2 with two good batteries. They are not charged 100% but I can measure 12.6 V on both of them. This makes 25.2 V total. When I crank the engine I can measure 23.4 V. The engine doesn't start !

I cannot believe that the ignition system is so sensitive that with 23.4 V doesn't give enough sparks to start the engine. I'm thinking that the problem could be in a big voltage drop between the batteries and the ignition coil, or a bad coil or capacitor.

I will measure the input voltage at the coil and check all the electrical connections from the battery to the ignition system.

Any comments ?

Thanks,

Antonio Regazzoni,
1944 MB