helicopter TMs

From: Jim (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 16:13:46 PDT

Hi All,
Earlier this evening I sent out a query about a -10 for a specific model of
helicopter.
The reason that these are approved for public release is due to the FAA
regulations. The operators are required by federal law to have a flight
manual in the aircraft any time it is off the ground. This applies to any
civilian aircraft or any ex-military aircraft without exception back to
manufacture dates post 1952.
I am an Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic with an Inspection Authorization and
I am looking for the -10 because my company is involved in the purchase of
some aircraft and I was wanting to compare the manual in the aircraft with
the latest official publication for currency.
There are hundreds of Bell UH-1 series being certificated for civilian use
and being assigned FAA registration numbers. It is all above board. Bell
Helicopter is also getting on the "Band Wagon" realizing there is money to
be made in parts sales to civilians now that the military is fazing these
models out.
Thanks for the concern though,
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com