Re: [MV] COMMON SENSE

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 03:01:13 PDT

Gene and others

When you me or anyone else purchases government surplus we are buying

(1) Good stuff not needed anymore

(2) junk they are trying to get rid of

And some of this stuff has been in storage for decades

as an example I purchased 3000 pounds of new lug nuts - the new design with
washer made on nut to be used on new style wheels. Got sample went to
Intl, Petebuilt, other truck dealers showed sample to parts man and asked
how much they cost got prices from 5 to 8 dollars each.

Bought 3000 for a very cheap price - took them home -- as I was unloading
them found copy of letter from US Govt to manufacturer that said something
along these lines -- these are defective do you want them back or you want
us to dispose of them, we will not pay for them---

close examination revealed the sample I had picked up at random was good
one - I had to look at about 25 more to find another good one. Threads were
bad, once you put them on you could not get them back off without breaking
stud.

And some will buy this stuff and then knowingly try to pass off as "GOOD
STUFF"

All this said to say

BUYER BEWARE

Everette

P S - I sold some of these to use as duck decoy weights - still have
several hundred if anyone interested in buying something useless.