Re: [MV] Fair and COMMON SENSE

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 23:43:52 PDT

I sell a number of small things on the net, if
something is broken and I said it "appeared" to be
good, I'll take it back or make and adjustment. Thats
goodwill.

If it's some big bucks involved, I will represent it
as I see it, but also telling the buyer right up
front, if it's broken, just remember I am selling it
"as is." The item is priced right, so in the event
it's not any good, then there is some slack for
repairs, so not much harm done. But, its a gamble the
buyer takes to get a good deal.

Bottom line, I'll usually go out of my way to make
something right just so there is no hard feelings,
right or wrong, but that is just me.

Jack

ps In California, the nut-state, we have a law that
says almost anyone can return anything within 48
hours, unless it's specifically "sold as is."
However, even the "as-is" has some exceptions,
especially with cars.