Re: [MV] Gun trucks in Iraq?

From: Rick (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 12:08:26 PDT

Guys this is all deja vu. I would suggest that someone visit the Army
Military History Library in Carlisle Barracks, PA and read all the ACTIV
reports on convoys and convoy security that were written during Vietnam. The
cold rolled steel won't do much for stopping rounds but it could be used for
making spaced armor. I thought that the Army had armor kits for thier
trucks. if I remember right a kit was surplused a while ago and a member on
the list had pics of it.

If they make gun trucks and bring in the MP's with thier Armored Security
Vehicle(modified V150) it will defienetly be Vietnam convoy security all
over again. Interestingly one of the MP units with the ASV is the 720th
which furnished convoy security in Vietnam with V-100's.

Rick