Re: COMMON SENSE

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 11:12:22 PDT

Bruce MVPA 23824 cited my proposition on a truck with
the broken crank, and I thank him for that. Now, I'll
go a step further and tell you all about the singled
out truck that I just sold for $3900. This truck came
in missing a LOT of parts. We spent a lot of time on
this truck and I have quite an investment in it. One
item missing was the front drive shaft. I didn't have
one in stock, so this repair was delayed. Road tests
indicated I had a good truck and I offered it for $5700.00.
I received a deposit on it, so we went to work and did
the finishing touches which included installing the shaft.
Now I get the shaft - the Sprag is shot! Okay, decision
time. Refund the depoit, pull the motor to replace the one with the broken crank and part out the rest or explain the problem to the original buyer and offer him a different truck or this one at the much lower price. He opted to buy the singled out and is fully aware that this is now an "as is" deal and he knows the Sprag is bad. I'm giving him enough discount that he can now go for an air shift transfer. Now, the truck with the broken crank. I'll go look at some take-out
motors, get to see them cranked over (they're sitting on
wooden stands) and that's it. I won't know what I have
until it's in the truck and we start it.
Joe Young