Re: [MV] HMMWV owners: How?

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 20:35:18 PDT

Amongst other legal releases of Hummers to the public the Marines sold off
850+ over the past few years; the GSA has been selling basically complete
vehicles with form 97's; private contractors such as the one that had the
EOD clearance for a former Navy gunnery range on an island off the coast of
Maui were given Hummers for use and these were sold at the end of the
contract. Now there is an even larger number that are being offered for
sale for "Export only" not to mention those sold overseas in Australia, etc.
It is only in the continental United States that the various DRMO's have
applied various and unequal interpretations of the "demil" requirement;
which ranges from the sale of complete bodies, chassis and major components
to other locations which destroty everything!
Conclusion: There are an awful lot of legal military Hummers out there; may
I stir things up by guessing that there are more legal Hummers sold thatn
legal M151A2's?
Cheers!
Ian