WWII Military Vehicle Convoy planned for 7-8 May 04

From: Tim Scherrer (soldierboy440@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 15:51:49 PDT

It is hard to believe the first WWII vehicle convoy
was three months ago…which means we are nine months
away from the next WWII Vehicle Convoy through the
Missouri Wine Country. Those of us who attended know
what an interesting day it was, from the rain, the
Amish Buggy incident, the flooded road, and tornado
warning at the winery…it was all there…talk to those
who attended for details. It was a very memorable
event!

The next WWII Military Vehicle Convoy through the
Missouri Wine Country is scheduled for 7-8 May 2004.
We will be meeting in Columbia again and using a
similar event format. The route this year will head
more south, and will partially parallel the Missouri
River Route used by Lewis and Clark. We are still in
the planning stages now (so this is subject to
change), but we are planning a lunch stop in Rocheport
near a winery using a noted caterer, and stops likely
in Jefferson City, the capital city of Missouri. We
are also planning for a Vet Ride as well as a dance
for Saturday night. We are also working on some
scenarios to give you opportunities to use your
vehicles as organized units…more details to follow.

We know this is a ways off but we wanted to get this
on to your calendars early. Last year’s event is
receiving international publicity with articles in the
MVPA’s Supply Line and Army Motors, Daimler-Chrysler’s
publications and Rural Missouri Magazines…and I still
receive inquires about the event.

Mark your calendars and we hope to see all of you in
May of 04 in the long green line of the WWII convoy.
Details will be updated on the Railsplitter webpage as
we get closer to the date. You can bookmark the page
now. It is not yet updated but next month will start
to reflect the planning for next year’s event.

We Kept Them Rolling!

Tim and Liz

PS: We still have a small number of XL and 2XL convoy
shirts from last year for sale at $15 plus $2.50
shipping. They are good quality khaki shirts with the
event title on the front and the logo on the back, in
green. Contact me at soldierboy440@yahoo.com for
details.