Halftrack questions?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 19:45:16 PDT

Hello list. I am working on a project, (operation "I want a lot, but have
no money"), and am doing some research on tracks. I know halftrack tracks
wear out, but other than breaking in two, do people throw them out for
wearing too thin? What are the chances of me finding a set of tracks that
are considered trash, but are still in one piece? I don't want to tie up a
lot of money in this project until it is a success. I need rubber tracks
and have looked at other sources for this but the halftrack is about the
best source I can find. One factor is the speed they can turn. Some of the
excavator tracks I have looked at may not perform well at any real speed.

Don't worry, this little project is MV related. I wouldn't put real
military hardware on just anything. If you have any info or opinions on
this subject, please email me. I know nothing about the halftrack market
and any advise is welcome.

Lastly, any body have a track or two they don't want?

Joe Trapp