Water Buffalos liners

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 18:55:17 PDT

There are two types a M107A1 or 2 which has a 400 gal. aluminum tank and
uses the M103 trailer chassis which is the one he was asking about. I have
some of theses tanks and there is some kind of paint or maybe a thin liner
in them. One of mine has a dent and it is peeling on the inside. The M149A2
is the stainless steel tank with a fiberglass outer shell and has it own
type of trailer. The way to tell them apart from a distance is the filler
hole on top. On the M107 trailers it is in the middle of the tank while on
the M149 it is at the rear of the tank. I also have one fiberglass tank that
didn't come with a trailer but looks more like the M107 tank so maybe was a
later replacement. I don't know but would think both are called (by the
troops) Water Buffalos. Wayne

M107 - Trailer, tank, water, 1½-ton, 2-wheel, 400-gallon
M107A1 - Trailer, tank, water, 1½-ton, 2-wheel, 400-gallon
M107A2 - Trailer, tank, water, 1½-ton, 2-wheel, 400-gallon

Trailer, Tank, Water: 1½ Ton, 2 Wheel, 400 Gallon, M149, with fiberglass
tank body.
Trailer, Tank, Water: 1½ Ton, 2 Wheel, 400 Gallon, M149Al, with fiberglass
tank body.
lTrailer, Tank, Water: 1½ Ton, 2 Wheel, 400 Gallon, M149A2, with stainless
steel tank body.