Re: [MV] Diesel engine question!

From: Mark Ehle (markehle@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 04:39:17 PDT

Yup - they do run backwards, I know, I am the person who originally posted
that I did it rolling backwards. They run pretty well that way, for a little
while, anyway.

Did I want to do it intentionally? No. Am I ever going to do it again? No
way in hell. When somebody said that exhaust will come out the intake and
the oil pump won't pump, that was way more than enough info to lead me to
believe that it is a stupid thing to do.

I did check my air filter - it was unchanged in appearance. Oil pressure is
as it was before. It only ran backwards for 15 seconds or so - not enough
time to do any damage, I hope.

Mark Ehle
1970 AMG M35A2