Re: [MV] Note on Radials...

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 10:50:03 PDT

They are not the only ones who have (correctly, I am sorry to say)
identified the average Volvo operator as possibly the worst. In the US,
they are predominately operated by the upwardly-mobile, who have
concentration issues to begin with. Couple this absent-minded professor
syndrome with the advent of cell phones, and throw in the "my husband is
rich, and he knows his wife is a dingbat, so he bought her the
"indestructable" Volvo" syndrome, and you have a recipe for the worst
driving habits.

In my twenty years of company driving in New York City, I was amazed at how
many other people, who at just the mention of Volvo, would begin to sweat,
break out in a rash, and rant about the drivers. I identified the worst as
Maroon Volvo wagons, followed by Blue wagons, followed by any color wagon,
then any Volvo registered in PA, then any Volvo.

The absolute worst was a Maroon Volvo wagon, registered in Pennsylvania,
piloted by a Nun, consulting a map, going the wrong way on a one-way street.
(Luckily this siting was before cell phones, or it could have been a
double-hat-trick)

NO, I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST PENNSYLVANIA, OR NUNS, OR MAPS, OR
VOLVOS, OR ONE-WAY STREETS.

I bought my wife a Volvo wagon, as an "if you can't beat'em, join'em"
defense. She caught the Volvo disease. She put a couple of 8-foot 2 x 4's in
the car through the tailgate, then closed same, driving the lumber through
the windshield.

MV content: Nun.