Calling all experts - M38A1 - spark plug gap

From: greg marks (youdog99@msn.com)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 16:51:11 PDT

Greetings all,

I'm in the middle of a move and the dang'd M38A1 is misfiring on cylinder
#4. Cant find my service manual and know that I 'Guess-timated' my gap on
the plug.

That didn't work.

Can anybody throw me a bone and tell me the gap is supposed to be?

Plug was all carbon'd up. I cleaned up this plug and re-installed. Lasted
one outing and fouled on the next weekend.

I bought new plugs several months ago and 'someone' put them away for me.
'She' nor I can find them. I'm hoping that these plugs fail after a while(2
years) and a new set will fix this carbon'd up plug. I really don't need to
find out that I have a wet cylinder.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, etc.

TIA,

Greg

'53 M38A1
'48 CJ2A