Re: [MV] water injection

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 18:33:41 PDT

The early B52 bomber used water and later models used water/alcohol
injection in the turbojet engines during take-off and for extreme
emergencies. That's what caused the heavy black exhaust trails during
take-off. I don't remember the percent of thrust increase ( jeez, it's
been 40 years already? ) but, it was substantial.

Frank

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Vietnam 1966
'45 GMC 353 DUKW