Artillery help around Aberdeen and PA area

From: jhooah (jhooah@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 08:28:28 PDT

Need to locate someone near Aberdeen Proving grounds that could fire a blank round from a US cannon in a ceremony. (Any period piece will do, but I think US is desirable, read on.....)

Ok, as I work in the Gov, and collect artillery (and vehicles) here's a strange one, but I promised to help:

WWII/Korean Vet passed away. Cremated, buried at Arlington with honors. Family kept partial remains so they could be fired from a cannon.......

Well, the Army's response to the additional burial ceremony is basically "?????, we can't do it", the Army DID give a proper burial at Arlington. Short story, they don't have "blank-fire" capability, and can't fill the bill for the mission. (Yes, all sorts of inventive things COULD be done, but that's not the issue) SO they called me....as they know I own artillery pieces.
Bottom line, is there someone that could assist in (HIS/family) wish at an upcoming reenactment, or a private ceremony for the family? I know the WWI event will be done, and Great War militaria may have a US piece, OR The annual Buldge event may work out.

I figure it's easy enough to hold a small cermony with all the reenactors present, giving at least a respectable time of it.

Anyone know whom can assist or a POC, e-mail me directly at:

william.winget@jfcom.mil

I'll relay the POC. I don't know much more about it other than calling the JAG and passing offers or POC's.
Regards
W. Winget
Yorktown, Va.

My web page: