RE: [MV] MV RADIO RELATED -- Need Instructions for Microphone Connector...

From: Henry J. Fackovec (hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 03:50:02 PDT

Hi Jim:

How lucky do you feel?

If you hold the pin end (CAREFULLY !!!!) and turn the knurled collar
above the locking ring it should (SHOULD, being the important word in
the sentence) unscrew and expose the crimp or solder connections.

Note: One way to hold the pin end is to put it in the mating socket and
CAREFULLY turn the collar. The up side is that it may hold the connector
with out damage, the down side is that if it does not work, it can screw
up both the plug and socket.

If the connector will not come apart, or gets screwed up, these are
common connectors, and William Perry in KY can fix you up with a
replacement.

Good luck, and if it goes horribly wrong, remember I told you to be
careful! <G>

Hank