Re: [MV] GOVERNMENT , WAR , AND WASTE . MV content buried

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 08:32:50 PDT

Noel: It's still being done! When I was based at Sarcee in the early 80's
the Ferret Mk. 1's were withdrawn from service (most became hard targets).
All the spare parts were dumped into a bulldozed pit and buried. In 1991 the
m54 and m800 series 5-t0ns were withdrawn from service and transferred to
the air force for future targets. They are still sitting overgrown with
trees and bush as the air force didn't want them. We were able to save four
in exchange for the prep to range standards of four M135's. By the way there
are rows of M135/211/220 BEHIND the 5tons that were driven into position and
abandoned 25 years ago. In case anyone asks, these are in a VERY secure area
and cannot be accessed by the public. When my scanner decides to cease it's
strike I'll post some photos so you can all have a group weep!
Cheers!
Ian