Re: [MV] HMMWV v. idiots in government

From: HMVWF97@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 08:34:48 PDT

In a message dated 8/27/03 10:42:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
islander@midmaine.com writes:

<< > "I would be interested in a relevant case
>which shows that one party can break the terms of a covenant whenever it
>feels that it should no longer apply to itself. "
>Steve, seen anybody with a military Humvee ?

" I asked for a court case that reaffirmed the legal right to toss aside a
 covenant whenever one party feels like it doesn't suit them any longer.
  I did not ask for examples of how a covenant can be, in reality,
 unenforcable, since there are plenty of such examples. Plus, for all we
 know AM General blessed that sale with the "for offroad use only"
 proviso. >>"

Steve, you did not ask for a court case, you asked for a relevant case, and
as we are on the MV list I think the Humvee example fits the bill. Keeping the
discussion about the Humvees might be more interesting to the rest of the
list than how much money your family's business lost last year, or the reasons
why you lost a contract with the Government.
 AMG knew of and did not bless the Humvee deal. They were without success in
their attempts to block the sale.

Steve said:
"You obviously don't understand how economics and industrial realities
work."

"I think you have more to learn about how corporations work than I about
how governements work "

Steve, quit acting like a "know it all", and your opinions would be better
received.