Re: [MV] HMMWV v. idiots in government

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 09:02:55 PDT

Dear Listers,

I've read with great interest the comments about collusion between the Mil
and AMG to restrict sales of surplus HMMWVs as well as similar comments relating
to the sale of surplus mutts.

I know all the conspiracy theories (and believe most of them), but I still
haven't found actual PROOF of any such agreement/clause/contract etc between the
Mil and AMG.

Has anyone actually CHECKED the HMMWV contracts for any evidence? I assume
that under the FOIA, access to copies of the contracts would not be too
difficult to pursue?

Kind regards....
ken