Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: GL Is a Joke

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 13:36:59 PDT

>I don't see how they can have it both ways. Either they are safe for humans
>to use or not.

Agreed. Not only that, the government doesn't have a problem with me
importing a 25+ year old Swiss Army Pinzgauer, registering it, insuring
it, and driving it on public ways. And that truck is most likely less
safe than a Humvee. Of course, OTHER people are more safe if they meet
up with my vehicle since it would crumple like a wet hankie :-)

The safety angle has GOT to be cover for something more. Either that or
the bureaucrats are even dumber than I give them credit for being :-)

Steve