Re: [MV] CUCV starter problems - Well, not quite done..

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 19:26:39 PDT

Hi List,
    Well I still have a problem, although I think I know what it is...
When I turn the key to the first position where it goes into wait state,

it dutifully goes thru its trip of waiting and sounding the buzzer. But
it seems I don't here the necessary clunk. It finishes the wait state,
but it is obvious that the glow plugs never heated up. since
when I go to start, it just spins the engine. On about the third try it
started instantly. My guess is that it is the relay that is called out
in the
manual along with the starter, that is under the dashboard, as opposed
the one on the firewall.

Is this a likely possibility?

Thanks as always!

Bruce MVPA 23824