Re: [MV] M125A1 10-ton cargo (Cummins V8-300 diesel)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 08:56:12 PDT

In a message dated 9/4/03 10:52:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
neil@compu-powr.com writes:

> Would a distinct NSN have been created for a vehicle that was only a
re-power,
> and never actually produced from the factory??

The answer to this question is a definite YES. There were many deuces
repowered and given new NSNs. One type that comes to mind are purification units.
From what I've seen it was mostly specialty body trucks that were repowered in
the deuce line. Another example of this is the conversion of Mil Standard gas
gensets. They required an NSN change if the engine was swapped for an
electronic ignition model. Hey, since we're talking about all this big truck stuff,
where's David Doyle been lately? Wonder if he unsubscribed!
Kenny