Re: [MV] Oil in Multifuels

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 08:32:04 PDT

Robert.Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone use SAE 30 in their LDT-465 Multifuel engine? According to the
> TM this is what the motor was intended to use for most conditions.

Yes, I use Shell Rotella SAE 30 in all of mine. It comes in 1 gallon bottles,
and I usually get it at the local Kragen auto parts store for around
$6/gallon. In my climate, SAE 30 is appropriate all year.

> Would
> SAE 40 work also? A local farm store has started stocking SAE 30 and 40 in
> 1 and 5 gallon quantities.

I would recommend sticking with whatever oil(s) are called out in the lube
order for your climate.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/