Re: [MV] 2568 Miles in a Deuce!

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 06:56:24 PDT

Bjorn, I think a ram system using 4X12 lumber would work for running trucks.
I little old fashioned saw work and such could probably make such an item. I
like the idea of transporting non runners this way too. It will take some real
engineering to come up with a hydraulic lift system that can take the truck
up some 50 inches, be portable and affordable. The 8 ton rams from an engine
crane come to mind. I'm sure with a little thought and steel I'll dream up a
viable method. To be real honest I never thought the piggyback device would be
used again but I'm now seeing a possible use for it. The more questions I get,
the more interested I get in creating a loading and off loading system.
Kenny