Re: [MV] 2568 Miles in a Deuce!

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 07:15:05 PDT

Also, the two outriggers on my truck can easily lift the entire vehicle
straight up. One of these hydraulic pistons (perhaps from a dump truck)
mounted in a frame and connected via long hoses to a PTO driven hydraulic
pump on your tractor could lift the front end of any deuce. Bjorn

>From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
>Subject: Re: [MV] 2568 Miles in a Deuce!
>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:56:24 EDT
>
>Bjorn, I think a ram system using 4X12 lumber would work for running
>trucks.
>I little old fashioned saw work and such could probably make such an item.
>like the idea of transporting non runners this way too. It will take some
>real
>engineering to come up with a hydraulic lift system that can take the truck
>up some 50 inches, be portable and affordable. The 8 ton rams from an
>engine
>crane come to mind. I'm sure with a little thought and steel I'll dream up
>viable method. To be real honest I never thought the piggyback device would
>be
>used again but I'm now seeing a possible use for it. The more questions I
>get,
>the more interested I get in creating a loading and off loading system.
>Kenny
>In a message dated 9/5/03 9:34:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>super_deuce@hotmail.com writes:
>
> > I'm in awh of your project! Well executed, beautiful trucks and it looks
> > like a good way to transport sick deuces. You just need to solve the
>lifting
> >
> > problem, hydraulic jacks, perhaps.

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon