Re: [MV] Are you draining your air tanks?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 15:19:34 PDT

Gents,

         the average truck air compressor whether belt or direct drive is
around 7.5-8.5 Cubic feet per minute of air and will not be heard over the
sound of a cold Diesel that was just started (be it Summer or Winter). A
RED tag that attaches to the accessory switch would remind the driver
whoever it may be to close the air drain valves so he won't have to rely on
his leg power alone to stop safely.

Food for thought.........Where did the air go???????????????

Jim

At 07:48 PM 9/10/2003 -0500, Everette wrote:
>If you have a vehicle that uses compressed air you should still drain air
>tanks = they will accumulate water from the air that is compressed. If
>tanks are not drained water will make its way into places you do not want it
>to be. I try to make a practice to open drain on air tanks when I get back
>to shop - if you forget to close them you will be reminded by the sound of
>escaping air next time you start truck engine.
>
>Everette

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com
1998 IMZ 8.103