Re: [MV] SS Re: [MV] anybody know this man?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:35:31 PDT

At 11:11 AM -0500 9/19/03, David Cole wrote:
>Looked at another way; this is like the MasterLock company making
>padlocks that kids can open with a paperclip. Some kids realize
>this and a few decide to enter the local amusement parks, dairy
>queens, and strip joints after hours via the back doors which are
>secured with padlocks. The kids are caught and reprimanded. The
>MasterLock company responds to the problem by sending out a patch
>that fixes the padlocks, but two days later a kid discovers he can
>open the locks with a nail and the whole process starts over again.

And the break in to the Dairy Queen has the response of a swat team
and the child incarcerated for 20 years and charged with multiple
felonies. Meanwhile, a violent criminal is let free on bond by the
system.

>Where's the problem - the kids or the locks.

To me it's the locks. Kids will be kids. What's funny is that these
kids often times know more about these systems than the law
enforcement types do.

The FBI and SS haven't done much for CNN and our DOS attacks.
Sometimes they've called us after the fact to let us know they think
they may know who had done this or that odd attack and we hadn't even
noticed the attack because it barely tweaked our traffic thresholds.
The ones we have to pay attention to the SS can't touch or do
anything about.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)