HMMWV - Pioneer kit mounting on heavy duty airlift bumper

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 16:59:03 PDT

Hi list,

I need some help. I had a pioneer kit mounted on my HMMWV with the normal
rear cross-member. I then installed a heavy-duty airlift bumper, which
involved removing the old rear cross-member and some braces, installing the
new bumper and new inner and outer braces. The pioneer kit used to latch to
2 catches on the rear cross-member. With that now removed and the inner
braces in place there are 2 catches installed on the inner braces, but at a
different angle than the old ones were.

But, no matter how I try I cannot get the pioneer kit to latch and lock onto
these new catches. The rubber stops don't compress on the braces and the
latches can't latch because the brace is in the way.

Has anybody successfully installed the pioneer kit with the heavy-duty
airlift bumper, and if so, could you give me some tips, or tell me what I'm
doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ned Parkes