M211 Leak Part 2

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 23:03:48 PDT

Hello all,

Well I took the 2 nuts off, then popped the hub off. The outer seal has a
small nick in it, the inner was deformed. I found a cross refernce at NAPA
for the inner seal, the bearings, but no # for the outer smaller, thinner
seal. Also, no clue what to do about the cork seal. Anyone know a source of
the seal and cork? I will try menphis in the next couple of days. I noticed
that once everything was off, that the shaft sticking out (Sorry for my lack
of technical terms, im still learning) is a little scored, kinda of worn
down, I am guessing this is normal? How much wear is acceptable? If you need
pics i can take some.

Thanks a lot for all of your help, Im getting there, slowly :)

Caleb Pal