Re: [MV] Rapco contact

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 11:26:26 PDT

  Aervoe told me they changed their 'bulk product' (Gallons I assume) in
August 1999 to fix that problem. They use more inorganic colorants, and
increased the paint's viscosity. To make sure you don't have old paint,
check the Julian date code on the bottom of the can. Anything made after
#9240-X (240th day of 99) is the new formula.
  Aervoe also suggested using strait xylene rather than their own thinners
which contain acetone. The acetone evaporates quickly and can lead to a dry,
powdery finish in some cases.
   I can't say whether the new paint is 'good' or not, I'm only repeating
what they told me.

Jim