RE: [MV] Underside cleaning

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:31:37 PDT

You're supposed to WASH your TRUCKS? Why? They're just going to get dirty again! =)

Don't use pressurized water. Too easy to screw things up! (As proven by motorpool newbies)
Use soap and water to get all the surface dirt off. There's some stuff called "Simple Green" that's perfectly environmentally friendly for getting all that greasy grime off. Granted it doesn't work quite as well as all that toxic stuff, but it's safe to use, spill, and pour out on the ground. Make sure you ask for "Simple Green" and not "Soilent Green" as there is a big difference.

I used simple green to clean the outside of my T-90 transmission when I rebuilt her. It did the job, and I'd use the stuff again for any big greasy caked on job.

Aaron Horrocks