pressure washing

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 15:35:11 PDT

May I add my .02 to discussion about pressure washing??

Yes it can be damaging if water is forced into wrong places, takes a little
care to avoid this.

Hot water washers are much more effective than cold and do not require so
much harsh chemicals that can damage paint.

I build, service, try to sell, these machines and have for some over 20
years, and yes I have seen vehicles damageD from their use. Most common
thing is cutting foam insulation. Followed by damaging fins in radiator - I
am even guilty of this.

I also manufacture and sell the detergent that is used in these machines.
It does not take much with hot water but takes a good bit with cold water --
confirm this by washing your hands in warm or cold water.

WEAR EYE PROTECTION - PLEASE

If you shoot a stream of water at 3000 psi and it loosens piece of dirt,
metal, grease, paint, and it comes back and hits you in eye, it takes all
the fun out of the job. IT CAN AND HAS BLINDED PEOPLE

It is not necessary to purchase high priced chemicals, raid your kitchen,
automatic dishwasher detergent, box of it dissolved in water and a few
ounces of hand dish wash does a good job. It is cheap and the more you use
better job you will do washing. To make it even better go to paint store
and ask for TSP stuff they sell to clean before painting -- powder in carton
like milk carton TSP, means tri-sodium-phosphate - Start with 5 gallon
bucket, add box of machine dish wash - about 3 cups, quart size box of TSP,
12oz. bottle hand dish wash.

I MAKE NO WARRANTY EXPRESS NOR IMPLIED FOR USE OF THIS PRODUCT

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK --

Everette