Re: [MV] Underside cleaning

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 15:33:23 PDT

I've used Gunk, it is pretty expensive if you want to clean a 5 ton truck!

I've found that a mixture of 50% kerosene and 50% detergent like 409 mixed
in a garden sprayer works well to break grease and crud free of machinery.
Just spray it on and wait for about 10 minutes and then fire up the
pressure washer. If crud still remains - spray on some more of this
formula and go at it again with the washer.

The 409 and the kerosene do biodegrade, it just takes a little while.

I don't know how you can do a good degreasing without a pressure washer or
a steam cleaner.

Dave

--
Dave