Re: [MV] full auto and nuther real life war

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:52:35 PDT

WARNING: This is not about MV's, but a little bit
about the military weapon by HK and some
opinion/observation on a personal level another war:

Consider this a report from the front lines of another
war, in the past few days we had some real serious
shootouts here. Our guys were using these new HK full
auto carbine in .45 cal. when they blew away the bad
guys, literally....

I'm not much on the .45 cal, having used it in the
venerable old Colt auto and the Thompson for years.
When we fired those oldies we could see the rounds
going down range, no kidding. But, close up and
personal, well, lets just say a 200 gr. slug has
plenty of knockdown power!

That brings up what has been going on in marijuana
fields and cranks labs of Northern California. Our
law enforcement guys working the raiding teams have
really been drawing fire. Like I said early, they
carry this new close range carbine by HK which has
been proven incredibly effective. 4 of the last 6 bad
guys were literally cut in half. But, don't feel too
sorry for the deceased, they were packing full auto
AK47's, probably sponsored by a cartel since they were
illegal Mexican Nationals. In the last 3 incidents
they were all given a chance to surrender and drop
their weapons (in english and spanish) but these guys
are pretty determined, they have their orders and they
all chose to fight and then make a run for it. Wrong
choice. This is when all Hell breaks loose for about
8 seconds.

Years back I recall crawling on my belly through a
long narrow tunnel, weapon in one hand, the other
feeling for booby traps. I was point man and I was
only about 10 inches away when I noticed this very
thin translucent fishing line. This is not a good
sign when it's pulled tight across a tunnel. 3 other
guys were right behind me when I told them to hold it.
It was wired to an improvised weapon consisting of .12
gage shell in a block of wood with a mouse trap
trigger. As I was disarming the device the tail end
guys says he found one too, only it had been fired and
the line was laying off to the side and we had missed
it!

Before my day was over, I found 8 more in very
creative places ready to fire. There were also fish
hooks hung at eye level around some trees. That was my
first time on a raiding team and my big "welcome to
the wonderful world of drug busts".

Sometimes it's a house, sometimes it's a barn or
field. You go in by cars, choppers, jeeps,
motorcycles and sometimes you just crash the gates in
a special ramming vehicle and hope for the best. It's
a real war and stakes are pretty high, but most
citizens don't consider it a big deal, but to the guy
on point he might as well be in Iraq or Afghanistan,
its just about like that only the rules of engagement
are more strict.

With this focus on terrorism and Iraq sometimes we
forget about this other kind of war going on right
here at home. Rural areas in California, Texas,
Virginia, etc. are the new battlefields and not many
of us are even aware of it.

Unfortunately, the enemy is usually better armed,
certainly better paid and always outnumber our side
many times over, but this is the drug war. By the
way, we are slowly losing this one in case you have
noticed. We're losing it for the same reason we took
so many casualities in Nam, we were never committed to
win in a full-on fight. It was a half-assed managed
war then and now by incompetent bureacrats, but thats
a whole other issue!

Thanks for indulging me... later. Jack