Re: [MV] Tire pressure and split rims.

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 14:31:54 PDT

I have never heard of one coming unglued after it was properly mounted and
inflated
the 1st time.

I have had one where the ring part of the wheel (under the tire) had rotted
out where the
disk finger was riveted to this ring and it became
wider on the 2nd inflation I gave it after bringing the trailer home. If it
had blown the ring off,
it would have done me some damage.... I had a friend have this happen while
driving down
the highway! It dod not loose air, but the rim got wider in one place and
that made a severe
flat spot on the tire. He didn't think he could stop the truck before he
lost every nut and bolt
in the rig!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce