Re: [MV] V-100 question on drivetrains

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 12:49:32 PDT

I think, I think that the overall dimensions are real close so a swap is
possible. The V100 has a locking differential and different size axles, I think!
Research by Tom B. has shown 5 other ratios for the housing but all were
commercial applications not military. I'm pretty sure Rick Lathrop is still on the
list and he's one of the resident gurus on the Commando. I would bet that the
ratios are the same. I think axle breakage was the most prone axle problem.
Kenny