Re: [MV] M35 on CNN

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 22:10:04 PDT

Here in MN trucks get loaned out as David discribed through the DNR
forestry. You also must pay the shipping on the veicle. We also have the
state surplus services administration who can distribute state and some
fedral personal property including some MV's It cost some money as you pay a
service charge and how that is arrived at or made up of I don't know but you
have one year to place the idem in service and must keep it in service for a
period of time then your orginization will get full title and need not
return it. To use this service you must first become a "eligble donor" this
requires some paper work. It is open to countys, citys, town ships, and
there respective departments as well as non profit orginizations. I belong
to the local fire dept we have a M1028 cevy dually we use as a grass rig and
a XM813 we use for a tanker. We got these from the DNR forestry very easy to
deal with. Our DNR forestry also has pumps fire hose and all kinds of stuff
available, most of which is ex military. great program! DNR web site has
good info for fire departments and links to each state. Good luck