Re: [MV] S-250 shelters and trailers

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 21:37:27 PDT

Hi Sean,
    Take a look at the url below where I have a bunch of pictures.
One is of an S250 on a M390C.
    Note that there are 3 pods that are used for leveling. They swivel up
and tuck onder the trailer during transport. It is over kill for the S250
but it has some very good advantages,

1-Park it, level it, unhitch and drive into town.
2-It has a porch and a built in ladder that pulls out and down from the back.

3-It has Air over Hydraulic brakes, so it will work great with your M35.
4-You don't have to be too gentle with it, it's rated at 2 tons off road.
5-If you want to get fancy, you can probably improvise a fold down platform
all the way
  around to increase the porch space, The S250 already has a place for
  setting up a shade tarp, just extend it to go over the porch area,
  then put up some camoflage netting over it and the porch for shade.

Finding one will be a challange though. We were just lucky when we went to a
drmo
auction a long time ago. For some reason no one wanted it, so we got it for
$40.
I had to replace wheel cylinders and fix some fork lift damage done by good
old drmo.
Replace break lines and wiring, etc. Started to have a little problem getting
tags for it
since they ran the serial number thru as though it were a vin, and sure
enough it matched
a stolen trailer. They summoned the CHP who came after a while. He looked at
it
admiringly, and then got the whole thing straightened out. Whew!!!

Bruce MVPA 23824

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bruce/Family.html