Turreted Landrovers??

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 03:49:45 PDT

Esteemed Members of the List,

Does anyone have any info about contracts to supply the Royal Thai Army
with up-armoured (Shorlands??) Landys with turrets, a la Ferret?

On a jolly through the southern bush here in the province of Songkhla, I
passed an army camp with one such vehicle up on a display pedestal at
the main gate. On a pedestal it may be but taking pix of army camps is
a no-no in this part of the world, so the camera remained stowed. Fully
rigged with smoke launchers etc.

It could be a local cobble as we know that the RTA has Ferrets and the
turret looked a lot like a ferret turret but can't be sure.

Loads of army bases down here as we have a very long-running communist
insurgency going on but the guerillas seem to avoid the army and
concentrate on shooting coppers instead.

Best wishes to Fidel......

Gav.