REPAIRING FUEL TANKS

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 04:50:26 PDT

I have a customer that is in the business of repairing fuel tanks - fuel
tanks that haul fuel - I have seen them several times repair large fuel that
has gotten a hole in tank by turning STEAM CLEANER nozzle into tank until
tank is full of steam - steam venting out top fill hatch - of course tank
had been drained and all drain valves were open - when tank is warm to touch
and steam venting out hatch ( I suppose for purists I should say water vapor
is venting for real steam is not visible) the proceed to cut and weld tank
as if it were ordinary tank.

Please notice I said STEAM CLEANER and not HOT WATER PRESSURE WATER.

This same method should work on any METAL fuel tank on Military Vehicle- of
course there is such a thing as a plastic welder - I have seen them in
operation -- might work on plastic fuel tanks. - plastic welder does not
have open flame - never thought about its use to repair plastic fuel tanks.
The ones I have seen were used to repair Garbage containers -- the two
wheeled kind that exist by the millions, sitting beside streets all over the
country.

Everette

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of
the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'.

-----