M1009: Good and bad?

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 21:46:05 PDT

Hello all,

Well currently I have my M211. I was driving our family van around and
realized that gas costs $2.35 a gallon here, and I will be driving a 5 MPG
truck. I was looking into M1009s. I have heard a lot of people who use them
as a daily driver. I have heard that the GM 6.2 is the biggest piece of sh**
that GM ever made. I have heard other people say have taken them 90,000+
miles. I just wanted to ask all of you who know about them, and own them. It
seems pretty ecconomical at 17-20 MPG, pretty good for what it is. DO you
know a good place to find a decent one? I am not looking for a full restore,
just something without rust, good 6.2 (if thats possible). Some antennas, no
radio gear, would look cool, not really needed. I am on the west coast,
washington state, so if you know of anyone, get back to me. What is the
average price they go for?

Thanks a lot!!

Caleb Pal